Under the law, it is the duty of the employer to take all necessary steps in order to eliminate the all hazards. If it is impractical to eliminate the significant hazards; then he must isolate such hazards from the employee. It is obligation of the employee to provide protective equipments to the employees that may protect them from the hazards.
Employers are responsible for the provision of personal protective equipment. The following general rules apply to its use:
- The adequate training must be provided to all employees in order to guide them about the use of protective equipments. Employee must also inform the employees that why is it necessary to use the protective equipments.
- The employees must wear the helmets to protect themselves from the falling objects. Helmets must be worn if it is impractical to fix the overhead protection.
- The proper eye protection must be worn if there is any fear of eye damage from welding flash, or debris such as concrete or woodchip or grinding dusts.
- Footwear shall be able to adequately protect the employee's feet having regard to the sort of work being carried out. Usually only steel-capped boots or shoes will do this.
- Hearing protection shall be worn if noise levels are high. (The noise of a portable circular saw or hammer drill exceeds the safe limits at a distance of 0.5 m.)
- Gloves may be necessary for some tasks.
- Push sticks are always needed at the saw bench.
- Respiratory protection which is appropriate for the task should be personally provided to all employees exposed to respiratory hazards such as asbestos, chemical fumes and dust.
What is the law about health and safety at work?
The law imposes the obligation on the employer to ensure the health and safety of workers. The employer must take all steps in order to eliminate, reduce or isolate the hazards. The employee must ensure the employee participation in the hazard management process. It will be beneficial for the employee to look at the task in each job and observe the action of the employee while identifying the hazards. The employer must provide the adequate training to the employees in order to eliminate the hazards. The employer must also provide the protective equipment to the employees in order to protect them from any risk.
Why to buy construction safety plan form from Net Lawman
Net Lawman NZ provides best quality online legal documents, legal contracts and legal agreements for use in New Zealand. Net Lawman is the premier source to buy online legal documents in New Zealand. Mature your legal agreements and legal contracts without any extra help. Our legal templates are self explanatory, written in plain English and easy to use. Just download from our website and use them according to your needs. This construction safety plan comes with a no questions asked full money back guarantee. Comprehensive guidance notes, written by the author of the document, are included. These notes ensure that you don’t need to be a lawyer or have knowledge of the law to understand which paragraphs you should edit to complete the agreement.
Application and features
- Suitable as a management tool for all construction work
- Aids compliance with construction and health and safety legislation
- Download once and use for any forthcoming projects, now or next year
- Details of the client / manager
- Description of the project
- Site location details
- Timescale for completion
- Design information including survey details
- Health and safety regards managing construction
- Health and safety details regards managing incoming / outgoing materials and people
- Methods and procedures for safe work
- Drawings and site sketches
- Lists of hazardous materials to be used on site
- Fire safety plan
- Site sketch including location of amenities, stores, materials, boundaries and the location of the structure
Net Lawman provides comprehensive construction safety plan. Such as: Construction safety plan
Health and safety plan in the construction industry should be a top priority. To discharge your duty, you must have taken certain measures to prevent accidents. By using these health and safety construction documents, you are showing that you understand the requirement for strict measures and policies. They will help to prevent claims being made against you.