1. Welcome to kiwibox

    We're happy that you are part of our community. Please take a few minutes discover how kiwibox works.

    You want to explore kiwibox on your own? No problem. You can easily restart the tour at any time by using the sidebar if you change your mind.

  2. Logo

    A click on the kiwibox Logo brings you back to the startpage. Besides a menue with a lot of useful links opens if you mouse over.

  3. Notifications

    You may find all of your news, friendship requests and messages up right in the navigation bar.

  4. Settings

    Just mouse over a post and the gearwheel will appear. Here you'll find all the settings for your news.

  5. Supermodul

    The supermodul summarizes various contents. Enjoy exploring!


orlandoafnu   , 66

from West New York


Cab rear ended my SUV in NYC

Cab rear ended my SUV in NYC Started by Gemini615 , May 04 2013 03:41 PM Please log in to reply 4 replies to this topic 8 posts Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:41 PM I was making a left hand turn and stopped to allow for pedestrian to cross and a cab rear ended me. Called police and filed a report, later that evening I experienced severe back pain went to urgent care and was prescribed muscle relaxers. His insurance company has yet to respond to any of my calls... I am still experiencing slight pain...my health insurance wont cover medical caused by car wreck...did not want to involve my insurance but I did in order to begin treatment... Do I need to hire a personal injury attorney to go after cabs insurance or http://cortrightlaw.com/location/rancho-cucamonga-attorney-office does my insurance automatically seek out damages for my injuries? 3,444 posts Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:00 PM Your insurance will contact the cab company's insurer but it's never a bad idea to consult a PI attorney. 1,274 posts Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:30 PM NY is a no-fault state for injury. That means you have to make your injury claimunder your own policy's PIP coverage. Read the following for how that works: http://www.stephanpe...-Insurance-Law/ For the damage to your car you have two choices if you get no response from his insurance company: 1 - Use your collision coverage if you have it. Then your insurance company will go after him for reimbursement. 2 - Sue him for the damage. If the damage doesn't exceed $5000 you can use small claims court without needing an attorney. Warning: Legal issues are complicated. Explanations and comments here are simplified and might not fully explain the ramifications of your particular issue. I am not a lawyer. I do not give legal advice. I make comments based on my knowledge and experience. I guarantee nothing. If you act on my comments without the advice of an attorney, you do so at your own risk.
For the original version including any supplementary images or video, visit http://boards.answers.findlaw.com/index.php/topic/225627-cab-rear-ended-my-suv-in-nyc/5875740188731854294.gif