The appetite for digital signage technology among hotel operators is growing. Market intelligence from IHS iSuppli recording reported how the hospitality sector was among the top three market destinations for digital signage displays next year. It's a trend that's likely to continue through 2012 with wayfinding applications leading the way on digital signage content.rocketnews.com
Wayfinding is great to find out in hotels. It saves guests some time and minimizes disruption to non-reception staff carrying out their daily duties. Industry analysts declare that these 4 elements alone help digital signage in hotels achieve strong ROI.
But as smartphone apps get smarter, and more wayfinding software comes on the market - Google's Glass for example might help guests navigate their way around a hotel with no guest ever needing to look at a wayfinding screen or map - it's really a use that may soon become lost without purpose.
What then for the people LCD screens you've dedicated to? Do they really hang in your lobby mimicking broken TV screens?
Listed below are five alternative uses, all of these offer strong ROI potential, through better customer engagement: rocketnews
1. Multi-language content:Service international guests in their home language. Multi-language digital signage content served via a touchscreen LCD unit may help guests of most nationalities access hotel concierge services, make hotel restaurant reservations or just help them to get used to their surroundings. It'll save your staff time coping with guest inquiries in languages in which they is probably not familiar.
2. Hotel restaurant reservations:Put together engaging digital happy to promote your hotel restaurant. It's rarely a given that guests will dine with you. Be preserving your own restaurant the center of attention however you will probably gain in dining guests - along with a sudden translation to raised hotel restaurant sales.
3. Neighborhood promotion: Collaborate with local event organizers, shops restore providers to advertise themselves for your guests through content on your own screens. You'll basically be selling ad' space that may prove lucrative for parties involved.
4. Guest-Only loyalty rewards: Make guest-only loyalty rewards available through exclusive hotel content. You may need an interactive touchscreen, and the capacity to present offers to guests via digital signage software.
5. Wedding venue promotion: Do you make your hotel available as being married venue? Should you choose, why not capture the interest of potential couples employing a digital signage screen to promote the services you receive. An interactive touchscreen is acceptable best. Content could be both informational and interactive. For instance, you might present them an area planner, list of guests builder and availability calendar.